About Half Cast Fishing Charters
Any time of year is a good time for fishing in Fiji. The tropical blue sea around Volivoli Beach is teaming with numerous varieties of game fish, including…
- Dogtooth Tuna: Year-round.
- Giant Trevally: Year-round.
- Spanish Mackerel: Year-round.
- Sail Fish and Marlin: Year-round, peaking November through February.
- Wahoo: Year-round, peaking May through September.
- Yellowfin Tuna: Year-round, peaking November through May.
- Mahi Mahi: December through January and June through August, Additionally, these Fiji reef species are found year-round.
- Blue Bar Parrot, Coral Trout: Footballer, Coronation, and Blue Spot, Green Jobfish, Grouper, Mangrove Jack, Red Throat Emperor, Spangled Emperor, Trevally: Golden, Silver, Bluespot, & GT
The Bligh waters host an unimaginable amount of reef structure in the form of bommies — some rising from 1000m to 1m in a sheer wall. The current created between the islands of Viti Levu, (where Volivoli is located) and Vanua Levu, combined with depth and reef structure, assures amazing sports and game fishing. It’s hard to resist the opportunity to relax on the open water with a cold beer while you wait for a bite. And when you return ashore with your catch, our chefs will be happy to cook it for you.
The boat and onboard fishing equipment – Our fully licensed 34-foot Cobra Centre Console with Raymarine Axiom GPS and fish finder is powered by twin Suzuki DF300 outboard engines Set up for both sports fishing with a massive casting platform at the bow and stand-up game fishing with 5m telescopic Rupp outriggers and live bait tank.