Hike Mt. Batilamu Trip Overview
This is a unique chance to see the beauty of Koroyanitu National Park. We’ll be led by a local guide from Abaca village and spend the night at the rustic lodge on the top of the peak. The hike will take around 2-3 hours going up, depending on how fast people want to go and whether we stop frequently for scenic photos. It can be very steep in parts and is recommended for those hikers that have no trouble with Mt. Korobaba.
What to wear during the Hike:
- Comfortable clothing for walking
- Trainers or trail shoes with a good grip
What to bring:
- Water bottle & snacks (at least 1.5 litre water)
- Hat / Sunscreen / Insect repellent
- Sulu / Sarong (for when we pass through village)
- Change of clothes/ toiletries
- Entertainment – book, games, etc.
- Tent (option to bring your own)
Saturday, 23rd April (Day 1):
- Meet at the Holiday Inn at Suva at 9 am – leave 9:30 am SHARP!
- Depending on our transport options, either share private cars or take a minibus to Lautoka. Stopping for lunch in Nadi.
- Share a carrier ride from Lautoka to the village of Abaca.
- Coordinate with our tour guide and start hike up (approx. 2-3 hours to reach peak).
- Prepare dinner and relax under the stars.
Saturday, 24th April (Day 2):
- After breakfast, viewing the sights, etc. gather equipment and begin trek down. Optional – include a small hike to a waterfall.
- Carrier ride back to Lautoka and either pick up our private cars or minibus back to Suva.
- Date: Saturday, 23rd April – Sunday, 24th April
- Cost: Approx. $75 per person ** Price depends on attendance and transport options to Lautoka from Suva & return.
- Difficulty: Moderate to Advanced (based on steepness)
- Meeting Place / Time: Holiday Inn, Suva at 9 am
- Park entry fee – $20 per person
- Accommodation fee – $35 per person
- Guide fee – $20 per person
- Carrier fee (from Lautoka to Abaca village & return) – to be split between attendees
**Transport from Suva to Lautoka & return – Free with private cars (split petrol dependant on driver). Or, if the minibus is needed and on the basis of 6 people – approx. $30 extra**
- Organizer: Julia Peters
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To go on a trip with the Rucksack Club, you must sign up as a member. Most trips have a limit, due to equipment, beds, boats or bus seats, and are on a FIRST COME / FIRST PAY basis. Our monthly meetings provide the first opportunity to sign up for trips. A non-refundable deposit is generally required. At sign up indicate if you are driving or if you will need a lift. Riders should share transport costs with the driver.
Membership fees are $15 for a Single, $20 for a Family and are good for the entire calendar year. The membership fees are always reinvested back into the club for various activities like supporting our presenters at each club meeting, venue hires for club meetings, RC quiz nights, etc. So join today and we’ll see you on a trip or two!
Rucksack Club Policy is that we are each responsible for our own safety. We all sign a waiver when we fill in our membership applications. Be sure to make your own arrangements about life jackets and flotation devices, especially for children, as the boat companies and small boat owners usually do not make adequate provisions.
- Excursions listed here are subject to change or cancellation due to Fiji government restrictions.
- In line with the Ministry of Health guidelines and for everyone’s safety, anyone joining a trip organised by the Rucksack club is required to be free of any possible COVID 19 symptoms such as fever, to be fully vaccinated (please take your vaccination card with you), and to wear a mask when in an enclosed space (car, bus, indoor area).
- The Rucksack Club takes all precautions to keep everyone safe, but cannot guarantee a lack of transmission or spread of COVID. When joining a trip, your safety is your own responsibility, and you agree to waive the Club of any liability for any illness or injury that may result from taking part in a trip.