Details: Hike Mt. Korobaba
The walk will take approximately 2 hours to the summit and 2 hours to return.
- We recommend bringing at least 2 liters of water and making sure you drink plenty in the morning before you leave home.
- Hat, snacks, camera, sunscreen, and hiking shoes that like mud are all on the list of essentials.
- Feel free to bring a garbage bag with you as there is often litter on the track which is easily collected on the way back down.
- No children under 14 and you should have at least a moderate level of fitness due to the steepness of the climb. If it rains, be prepared to get VERY muddy!
- Date: Sunday, 27th March
- Cost: Free
- Difficulty: Moderate to Advanced (based on steepness)
- Meeting Place / Time: Holiday Inn, Suva at 6:30 am – leaving at 7 am SHARP!
Organizer: Julia Peters
To go on a trip with the Rucksack Club, you must sign up as a member. Most trips have a limit, due to equipment, beds, boats or bus seats, and are on a FIRST COME / FIRST PAY basis. Our monthly meetings provide the first opportunity to sign up for trips. A non-refundable deposit is generally required. At sign up indicate if you are driving or if you will need a lift. Riders should share transport costs with the driver.
Membership fees are $15 for a Single, $20 for a Family and are good for the entire calendar year. The membership fees are always reinvested back into the club for various activities like supporting our presenters at each club meeting, venue hires for club meetings, RC quiz nights, etc. So join today and we’ll see you on a trip or two!
Rucksack Club Policy is that we are each responsible for our own safety. We all sign a waiver when we fill in our membership applications. Be sure to make your own arrangements about life jackets and flotation devices, especially for children, as the boat companies and small boat owners usually do not make adequate provisions.
- Excursions listed here are subject to change or cancellation due to Fiji government restrictions.
- In line with the Ministry of Health guidelines and for everyone’s safety, anyone joining a trip organised by the Rucksack club is required to be free of any possible COVID 19 symptoms such as fever, to be fully vaccinated (please take your vaccination card with you), and to wear a mask when in an enclosed space (car, bus, indoor area).
- The Rucksack Club takes all precautions to keep everyone safe, but cannot guarantee a lack of transmission or spread of COVID. When joining a trip, your safety is your own responsibility, and you agree to waive the Club of any liability for any illness or injury that may result from taking part in a trip.