World’s Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji
World’s Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji is television series documenting a long-range multi-day expedition race in which teams race non-stop with little to no sleep over mountains, jungles, and oceans. The series is a revival of the Eco-Challenge series first broadcast from 1995 to 2002.
Simply put, Eco-Challenge is the World’s Toughest Race. It’s an expedition against the clock in which international teams of adventure athletes race non-stop, 24 hours a day across hundreds of miles of remote backcountry terrain. Each team is comprised of four competitors and must include at least one member of each gender. All teams are supported by an assistant crew member who is responsible for resupplying the four athletes on their team at key points along the course.
The teams must navigate through the backcountry using only a map and compass. Smartphones and GPS devices are strictly prohibited. If a team loses a member along the way, whether due to injury, exhaustion, or disagreement they will be disqualified. Only teams that can work together under extreme stress and fatigue, showing a high level of expedition problem-solving skills will have any chance of success.
Although the first team to cross the finish line will be the winner, any team that completes the entire course will have truly achieved the exceptional … since they will have finished the World’s Toughest Race! (Courtesy of WTRECF).
TV-14 | Genre: Adventure, Reality-TV, Sport | Filming Locations: Fiji
YouTube: World’s Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji Trailer
- A Place in the Sun (2011-) – Mixing two of the most popular types of programs, real estate, and travel – “A Place in the Sun” is a unique hybrid. Based on the hit U.K. show, “A Place in the Sun” fully immerses the viewer in each location to find out why it is a hot spot for those looking to buy abroad
- Adventures of the Seaspray (1965-) – The story centered on widowed journalist Dan Wells, who is sailing the Pacific on his 25-meter schooner “Seaspray”, with his three children Mike, Noah, and Sue, assisted by their Fijian crewman.
- Australian Survivor (2016-) – A reality show where a group of twenty-four Australians is stranded in a remote location with little more than the clothes on their back. The winner takes home $500,000 and the title of Sole Survivor.
- Bachelor in Paradise (2018-2020) – Join your favorite Bachelors and Bachelorettes on their second chance quest to find true love.
- Beauty and the Geek Australia (2009-2014) – Stunning girls and genius guys live together and team up as they compete in hilarious and heart-warming challenges to test their intellect and social skills.
- Celebrity Love Island (2005–2006) – 12 Z-list celebrities, famed in the UK for their sexual behavior, are being put together on a paradise island in Fiji where the viewers can see them hopefully copulate.
- Epic Trails (2017-) – Eric Hanson travels to around the globe to backpack the world’s most epic trails. The show also showcases the people, culture, and experiences to be had in the regions he visits.
- Exposure: Sports Illustrated Swimsuit (2011) – Exposure gives you a behind-the-scenes look into the creation of the highly anticipated SI Swimsuit Issue.
- Kicking & Screaming (2017–) – A competition series that teams 10 expert survivalists with pampered partners to face the toughest challenges of their lives.
- My Pacific Quest (2017-) – Kiwi adventurer Ellis Emmett embarks on an incredible journey across the waves of the South Pacific. He must harness the power of the wind to explore some of the most remote islands and atolls on the planet.
- Radar Across the Pacific (2012–2014) – The Radar lives in the world’s biggest Polynesian city – Auckland. But he doesn’t know much about his Pacific neighbors. In TV ONE’s gorgeous new local series, Radar Across the Pacific, he travels to the islands to find out more.
- Treasure Island (1997) – 12 Strangers are marooned on a deserted island in Fiji to solve clues and puzzles to win $25,000. Each week two people are eliminated.
- Under One Roof (2002–) – Under One Roof is a reality show that pits five families against each other for the prize of a lifetime. Taking place in a single house, the families face a variety of challenges, but the one that outlasts the rest gets to keep the beachfront house in Fiji.