Overview: Port Of Levuka
Port of Levuka is primarily a fishing port catering for fishing vessels that berth at Levuka to supply Levuka’s Cannery managed by PAFCO.
Location: Port Of Levuka
History of Port Of Levuka
Levuka is Fiji’s old capital and the original wharf was built in 1886. Back then it was a bustling trading center and was known as Queens Wharf comprising a timber super-structure supported on concrete piles.
In 1924, the main pier of the Wharf was extended and the Kings Wharf was constructed consisting of a concrete deck approximately 10 meters supported by concrete piles. Upgrading in 1980 replaced the timber decking with concrete and an extended length to give it approximately 180 meters providing adequate berthing space along its eastern side or ten fishing vessels at any one time.